March 25, 2020
Dear Fidelity National Title clients,
At Fidelity National Title, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and wanted to provide you with an update regarding our company. The Counties of Dallas, Collin, Tarrant and Denton recently announced a shelter-in-place order. As members of the financial services sector, we are considered an essential business and not required to close per the order. We are currently open for business and here to serve your needs. While our offices are open, we have made a few changes to our normal business procedures. Please see below for a list of the practices and policies we have implemented in our effort to be vigilant during this unprecedented global pandemic.
- Using hand sanitizer and cleaning products within our offices.
- Disinfecting all signing rooms after every signing.
- Wiping down all doors and counters multiple times per hour.
- Ensuring that signing pens are not re-used.
- Limiting the number of attendees at closing to only those who will be physically signing documents.
- Offering digital services such as Remote Online Notary (RON), mobile signing services and eSigning via DocuSign where allowed.
- Utilizing video conference technology to facilitate consultations with customers to review documents and answer questions prior to or as part of the closing process.
- While our offices are still open for business, we have made the decision to temporarily suspend closing transactions inside our offices out of an abundance of caution. Due to this, we are happy to arrange for a mobile notary (as available) to travel to the client’s home to conduct the closing. We will also offer a “drive through” or “curbside” closing option. Clients may drive to our office and we will meet them outside where we will deliver the package to them for signing.
Procedure for “Curbside/Drive through” closing:
• Client will make a drive-through/curbside closing appointment on their designated closing day.
• Client will call the office from their car in the parking lot to let office know they have arrived.
• Office will deliver a signing pen and the documents to client’s car.
• If client has questions about the documents, the client will contact the office to receive help via phone or videoconference.
• Client calls office when documents have been fully executed.
• Notary from our office picks up documents from car and confirms signers’ valid IDs. Notary will also pick up cashier’s check if applicable.
• Notary goes inside office and confirms all signatures are proper.
• Notary tells client they are free to leave and title company will send electronic copies by email.
At this unprecedented time in our country we feel this is the safest option for both our family of employees and our customers. We appreciate your business, your patience and your cooperation in helping to keep all of us safe.
President Fidelity National Title DFW Division